For a couple of weeks I've been working on turning a little-used closet just outside our kitchen into a reading nook for Norah. I got the idea from another blog and thought it would work really well for us. For now, she needs help getting up and down, but I'm hoping eventually it'll make a nice little spot for her to sit and read while I'm cooking or when she needs some down time.
I tore out the old closet shelving and framed in a new shelf at bench height. There's a new piece of moulding on the front to cover the 2x4s and plywood, and also to stop the seat cushion from sliding forward. There used to be an electrical outlet on the wall where a hand-held vacuum was hung, so I had an electrician come by to help turn it into a light switch and to help me install the Mason jar light fixture I made.
The letters are covered with pages from some of our favorite books from little-kid (Dr. Seuss's ABC's), medium-kid (Ramona and Beezus), bigger-kid (Harry Potter) and grown-up (Me Talk Pretty One Day).
Best of all, I think Norah likes it!
October 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 Hellos!:
The letters look great! And of course, I have to comment that Norah looks adorable in her jeans and freter.
(Sorry that I deleted my first post! Technical difficulties!)
How adorable!!! Even cuter than I had imagined after your mom told me about it! Way to go!
adorbs!!!
super cute idea and Norah is darling
Post a Comment