So, here's a little update on our little man.
After having never gotten him to take to a bottle, I guess it shouldn't have come as a surprise that Ryan was also not that interested in trying solid foods.... UNTIL we tried letting him feed himself! Now he eats bananas, prunes, sweet potatoes, avocadoes, Cheerios, crackers and whatever else he can get his little hands on. He's okay with you forking food to him, just don't try to mash things up and give them to him with a spoon. No thank you!
Norah still doesn't spend a lot of time playing with Ryan or tending to him, but every now and then she'll find a few minutes of her day to sit and talk with (at) him. He, on the other hand, is content to sit and watch her play, crawling along a few steps behind. This is awful to say but one of his favorite things is to watch her have a big tantrum - he sits there, intently watching the whole thing go down and sometimes he even starts laughing. I think it's interesting for him to watch someone being so... expressive? I'm just always thankful that while she's screaming about the wrong color cup, he's blissfully entertained.
In the last several days, Ryan has mastered pulling himself up to stand and LOVES this new view of the world. It happened so suddenly that Oliver had to make an early trip home from work on Friday night to get the crib moved down to the lowest position before Ryan's bedtime - I was terrified he'd hurl himself over the edge with this newfound talent... With that taken care of, now I spend lots of time practicing my non-reaction face each time he comes booming to the ground, banging his head against something.
So there's a proper update on all things Ryan over the last month or so. He's growing so fast, learning so many things - it's thrilling but scary how fast it all happens. I'm trying to treasure these last few bits of babyhood before he turns into a full-on toddler. Yikes!
1 Hellos!:
he is such a cutie! No surprise there since Norah is also a little doll. I love coming to your blog and getting the Jamie family update! I miss you!
Post a Comment