Oh dear, where to even begin with this one...
We were sitting at the table having lunch this afternoon, listening to Senator Amy Klobuchar answer caller questions on MPR. Norah asked who it was and so I began to try to explain what a Senator does. I know. To a three-year-old.
My (very) basic explanation was that it was Senator Klobuchar's job to tell President Obama what people in Minnesota wanted. Afterward, I added that a Senator was a job you could have when you grow up. Mulling it over for a minute, Norah announced that she'd like to be President when she grows up (to absolutely no one's surprise).
Norah: "What do I need to be President?"
Me: "Well, you'd need to go to college. You'd need to be really smart. You'd need to want to help people."
Norah: "I'd need a black coat!"
Me: (Through chuckles) "Yes, probably."
Norah: "What else?"
Me: "Um, you'd have to get people to vote for you. And you'd need a Vice President."
Norah: "What's that?"
Me: "That's your best helper. It's a lot of work to be President and so you'd need a very good helper. Who could be your best helper?"
Norah: "I'll have a sheep for my Vice President."
I was still trying to stifle a laugh from the black coat and completely lost it after that. I managed to get out, "I think you'll be a good President, Norah." With absolutely no idea why I was laughing, she nodded her agreement.
August 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Hellos!:
love it! She has my vote
Post a Comment