October 30, 2013

Election Day

With Election Day coming up again, I thought I would take a moment to discuss the fiasco which is the Minneapolis Mayoral election. It's the first time in eleventy-nine years that we have no incumbent and no endorsed candidate by either of the major parties. What we do have is thirty-six candidates. And ranked-choice voting, which means you get to vote for your top three of the thirty-six contenders resulting in something like 25 billion possible voting combinations. I won't even go into how they calculate who wins.
To prepare for this monstrosity we all received, in the mail, a four-page handout called "YourCity. YourVote." (in this Twitter age #whoneedsspacesanyway), a two-page map of polling places and a two-page sample ballot. Featuring this gem:
I think most of us in Minneapolis will miss Mayor Rybak, and depending who wins this thing, I may invoke the right of parlay to start spending more time in St. Paul.

1 Hellos!:

Darcy said...

sounds like a big mess. I say vote for Captain Jack! or else "Jimmy" because Jimmy in quotes is so much more mysterious than Jimmy not in quotes

 
Copyright © Perez Post | Theme by BloggerThemes & frostpress | Sponsored by BB Blogging