January 11, 2009

Avec Fromage!

We got home this evening from a really fun weekend in Montreal with a bunch of Tuck friends. We drove up late Friday with our friends Adam and Jessica and got to see the Northern Lights on our way up, driving through rural Vermont. (Check that off the list of cool things to see living up here, now I just have to find a moose!) We spent Friday night at a bar with everyone else who went up for the weekend.

Then, Saturday our we braved the sub-zero temps (bolstered by our empty bank account that doesn't have room for cab fares!) and walked the 30-minutes from our hotel to Old Montreal. It was a beautiful walk with lots of old, European-looking churches along the way. We stopped in a couple to see the interiors, but also to thaw our fingers and toes. Once we got to Vieux-Montreal we spent a few hours at the Quebec archaeological muesum learning about the history of the city.

Saturday evening was hockey galore as we all watched three, yes three, full games. Tuck students played against another business school from Montreal. Oliver played in the third game. He got a lot of playing time and followed up a nasty spill with a nice assist in the second period. Go #36! Here are some pictures that Jessica took:














Oh! I can't believe I forgot about the poutine! This is the best (only?) French-Canadian invention! It's french fries smothered in gravy and melted cheese curds. Oh my gosh. So good, I can't even begin to explain in. The best part is, it's easy to justify some extra calories when you're walking around in the frozen tundra!

We had a great time and I'm really glad we splurged on both the time and money just to treat ourselves to a fun weekend away.

We were welcomed back to Hanover by another 6-8 inches of snow that had fallen last night. It took Oliver and I, both shoveling, about half an hour to clear out our parking spot and the pathway to the house and as you can see by the forecast on the right, it looks like there's more where this came from!

0 Hellos!:

 
Copyright © Perez Post | Theme by BloggerThemes & frostpress | Sponsored by BB Blogging