February 22, 2011

Can This Pork Chop Be Saved? The Final Episode

Our final pork chop test drive features the chops baked with cornbread stuffing, straight out of our plain ol' BHG plaid cookbook. It was a little more involved than the other recipes we tried out, having to cut pockets into the chops and then stuff them, but still really easy. I'm not a huge fan of stuffing in general, but I love cornbread and I figured that it would help keep the chops from drying out. And it definitely did!

A little asparagus and some yummy bread from Breadsmith finished us up. The chops stayed really tender and juicy, and the southwesterny flavor was nice. I wish there was a way to have made the stuffing a little more crunchy on the edges - it was pretty wet and soft. I would make the recipe again, but I'd also make the stuffing as a side - it was really good.

The Results:
Oliver: 4 out of 5 (he liked it more than night 3, less than night 1)
Jamie: 3 out of 5 (my favorite of the four was night 3)

1 Hellos!:

Leslie said...

does cooking with stuffing in meat creep you out? i abhor the today show for doing it to me, but all i can think of are the creepy germs seeping in and not getting to the right temperature. you should see me at thanksgiving.

:)

 
Copyright © Perez Post | Theme by BloggerThemes & frostpress | Sponsored by BB Blogging