February 3, 2011

Can This Pork Chop Be Saved? Night Three

Pork chop night three brings us to the grill. Oliver braved the 15 degree temps to man the grill for some chops with a Southwestern wet rub from our Betty Crocker grilling cookbook, courtesy of some meeting or something that Oliver went to, I'm sure. Super easy - a bunch of spices, some garlic and some oil all rubbed on the chops.



(If you recognize the cutting board from Mr. Brown's 8th grade shop class, you're right on!)


Served the chops with roasted broccoli, applesauce and our homebrewed maple ale.  The chops stayed super moist and tender. I think we could have left the rub on a little longer to let the flavor soak in, but even with my cold they were tasty! 

The Results:
Oliver: 4 out of 5
Jamie: 3 out of 5 (which is huge, because realistically, I'd never eat pork chops for my birthday)

In case you need a scale refresher:
1 = If it were offered to me again, I would feign allergy
2 = I would eat it at my friend's house, just to be polite
3 = I would order it at a restaurant
4 = I would request it for my birthday
5 = Best thing I've ever eaten

0 Hellos!:

 
Copyright © Perez Post | Theme by BloggerThemes & frostpress | Sponsored by BB Blogging