I realized, while reading some friends' blogs, that I've hardly blogged at ALL about this pregnancy - I guess that's typical for a non-first pregnancy, but still... So here goes a quick update on all things belly. I'm 28 weeks now, and I don't really know how I got there. I guess time flies when you're chasing a toddler!
I've been feeling great except for some back pain. My midwife suggested I see a physical therapist for a couple of weeks to see if we can get it sorted out. Seems like the main issue is being more conscious about how I'm moving my (increasingly larger) body when I'm lifting/carrying things and taking the time to stretch once or twice a day.
Norah talks about "baby bruh-er" and points to my belly if you ask where he is, but I know she doesn't really "get" that there's going to be a baby here in a few months. My friend Amy's baby is a week old today and when we went to see them yesterday, Norah checked out baby Isabel, decided she wasn't all that exciting, and then pretty much ignored her the rest of the time. I was glad, though, that she didn't seem to mind me holding the baby (she had a full-on tantrum last time her friend Edward sat on my lap!)
Major items still on the to-do list are coming up with a name for this guy (why does it seem so much easier to think of girls names??) and deciding whether he and Norah will share a room or if we'll put one of them in the upstairs spare bedroom.
Otherwise, I think we're as ready as we're going to get. Prepping for a second baby isn't really the same - we already have much of what we need and have long since realized how little a new baby actually needs. Of course we still need to get some boy clothes, itty-bitty diapers and a few other things, but they don't seem as urgent this time around. I think by now, with Norah, we had a roomful of things waiting for her!
So far, so good... Let's start the countdown to June :)
March 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Hellos!:
Post a Comment