On Saturday, I'll officially be 41 weeks pregnant. And while I know that the "normal" range encompasses everything up through 42 weeks, it's very hard not to feel antsy, impatient, emotional, frustrated... I think one of the hardest things for me is that I have contractions, both big and small, throughout the day, every day. But nothing ever organizes itself into real labor. I'm so tired of thinking, "Maybe this is going to be something!" Because as of yet, it hasn't been anything.
I absolutely did not expect to struggle this much with being past my "due" date, but then again, I always sensed that this kiddo would be born early. I truly believe that my body and his body know best and that when everything is just right, he'll make his appearance. But that doesn't make it easier to wait. He's still very active in there (a great sign) and at my last midwife appointment, my blood pressure would have been considered great even for a non-pregnant person, so it really is a matter of patience. He'll come in time. Or maybe I'll be the first woman in the history of the world to be permanenly pregnant :)
June 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Hellos!:
Post a Comment