After kind of a rough morning (turns out passing your "due date" is a little more emotionally draining than I anticipated!), I needed to cheer up and decided to take Norah to the zoo. No agenda - we would see whatever she wanted to see, walk at her pace and eat snacks "On the bench, Mommy!!" (her very favorite place to have a snack).
When we saw camel rides, my first response was, "Ooh, Norah! Maybe you and Daddy can come back and ride on the camel!" The camel-ride guy totally called me out on it: "C'mon, Mommy, you can do a camel ride!" I'm not sure it occurred to him that there may be some liability issues involved letting pregnant women ride camels around the zoo, but I wasn't about to let Norah think I was the boring parent so we hopped on a camel and went for a ride!
I forget that sometimes saying yes is a lot more fun than saying no :)
0 Hellos!:
Post a Comment