With Kimberley's three girls and then Norah, we got pretty good in the family at taking care of baby girls. She and I know all about picking the best baby headbands, how soon you can start using hair product on a toddler, and how much pink is too much pink (okay, maybe one of us is better at this than the other... )
Now that we've got Ryan, I've got to learn some baby boy things and foremost amongst those things seems to be taking care of... uh, boy parts. You have to understand that I have zero experience with changing a baby boy. Never even babysat one. So yes, I am learning that he needs to stay covered up while I change him lest pee go spraying everywhere. And yesterday I had this bizarre diapering mishap:
I had Ryan in the Baby Bjorn when suddenly I felt that spread of wet warmth on my belly that all parents immediately recognize as the feeling of being peed on. When I got him out, my shirt front was soaked, the Bjorn was dry, Ryan's onesie was dry, and his diaper was dry?! I'm still unclear on exactly what happened but suffice it to say I need to work on my technique!
In the wise words of Elaine Benes, "I don't know how you guys walk around with those things."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Hellos!:
OMG! Hilarious!! He is very talented at a young age (and SUPER cute!)
Congratulations to you guys ~ am so over-the-moon happy for you <3
Post a Comment