January 13, 2015

Ketchup

And so I begin the traditional, January trying-to-get-my-feet-back-under-me game of catch-up. Last time I looked, it was getting close to Thanksgiving and the house was about to fill with family, friends and all those delicious foods that make this time of year so wonderful. Suddenly it's ten below, the radiators are cranking, the ground is long-since frozen and our carefully-curated list of indoor activities seems woefully insufficient. The Christmas decorations are packed up but the time for spring and Easter decorations seems so far off. Stew is on the stove and the kids are tucked in for cozy naps under wool blankets and down comforters. And here I am. Playing catch-up.

I really love hosting Thanksgiving every year - the house filling up with people and yummy smells, the kitchen overflowing with helpers and taste-testers and the sitting-down to a table full of foods elevated to once-a-year levels of importance. We never seem to take enough pictures at Thanksgiving... too much other stuff happening, I guess? but nevertheless, here they are!

 
(You may not be able to tell from this picture, but there were definitely more pies than cousins... as is TOTALLY appropriate!)
Norah had a whole contingent come to school with her one day, lucky girl!
And pheasant hunting was again a success!

We're working our way, meal-by-meal, through a freezer-full of pheasant and venison, finding out who our more "rustically-inclined" friends are along the way. But seriously, if you have a good recipe, send it my way, because that's a lot of bird.

Thinking cozy thoughts, and looking forward to the warm-up that's headed our way... Christmas and the rest coming soon!

0 Hellos!:

 
Copyright © Perez Post | Theme by BloggerThemes & frostpress | Sponsored by BB Blogging