We had a really nice time last weekend in Quebec. Our hotel was really, really cute - a little place with a Van Gogh theme: maybe 10 rooms, a really helpful staff and unbelievable made-to-order breakfast every morning. I had crêpes two mornings with really good dark chocolate, maple syrup and strawberry & cherry preserves. Sooo good!
We spent most of our time just wandering around town, visiting the little shops and enjoying the restaurants. It was a pretty lazy trip, to be honest, but it was what we needed.
We did spend the better part of one morning, though, at Canadian Tire getting the car fixed. It was like a Wal-Mart with an Autozone in the basement... kind of strange and not the most exciting place to spend three hours of vacation, but, I practiced my French: "la batterie, c'est mort." Well, it wasn't mort for long! The good news was that nothing was really wrong with the car - they charged the battery up and we headed back on our way for about $30.
Another thing we did was eat mussels. I've always wanted to order them but was afraid to have a big ol' steaming pot of mussels in front of me only to find out I didn't like them. The hotel recommended a cozy little Belgian spot for dinner and we ordered the set menu for two, which was mussels, fries and beer. We both ended up loving them!
I'm uploading the pictures and will get them added to the slideshow as soon as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Hellos!:
Post a Comment