January 25, 2011

Can This Pork Chop Be Saved? Night Two

In short, no. Or at least, not tonight.

I decided to go with the tried-and-true Crockpot method for pork chops tonight. First, because nothing in the Crockpot ever comes out tough and second, because I started a yoga class tonight and needed something easy for Oliver to throw together while I was out.
 

I sort of combined two recipes to get tonight's dinner: brown the pork then saute up some garlic, stir in some soy sauce, brown sugar and chicken broth. Crockpot that baby for 5 or 6 hours, and then throw in some cream of onion soup to make the drippings into gravy. We served them with some steamed broccoli and a pack of Rice-a-Roni that had been in the cupboard for AGES. It's a bad sign when the Rice-a-Roni was the best thing on the plate. The pork was fall-apart-y, but dry and the broccoli was, well... broccoli.

The Results:
Oliver: 2.5 out of 5
Jamie: 2.5 out of 5

0 Hellos!:

 
Copyright © Perez Post | Theme by BloggerThemes & frostpress | Sponsored by BB Blogging