I think it's kind of funny that the process of teaching babies to fall asleep on their own is called "sleep training". I picture babies in running shoes training for some sort of sleep marathon :) Anyway, in an effort to "sleep train" Noo, I've been laying her in her crib before she's super-tired so that she can play for awhile, have some quiet time and then fall asleep on her own. Thanks to the video monitor, I can keep an eye on the situation.
Yesterday afternoon, she got rolled over onto her belly perfectly lined up with the on/off button of her little Fisher Price aquarium music box and with her toes, was able to turn it on and off over and over and over again. Poor thing was in quite the predicament. Fortunately, after about 20 minutes she rolled so her feet couldn't be sassy anymore and she drifted off to napland.
Here's the video. I couldn't get the Flip to focus on the tiny monitor screen, so it's fuzzy, but you get the idea.
January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Hellos!:
She is darling!! Love your sneaker-clad image of sleep training! (But absolutely agree that putting them down before they are too tired leads to good sleep habits!)
too.cute.
also, i definitely have a something in that green trellis pattern (clipboard).
Post a Comment