We've had a really cold week this past week, mostly below freezing, which makes it our first cold snap of the year! There have been snow flurries most days but nothing sticking to the ground, really. It's supposed to warm up though, next week into the mid-30s at least.
The birds have been out at our bird feeder really heavily these cold days - our species list so far includes chickadees (lots!), one or two nuthatches, juncos, crows, a blue jay, a female downy woodpecker and a pair of hairy woodpeckers. Pretty good for now, but still no cardinals?
Oliver and I are going to go Thanksgiving grocery shopping this morning, which I'm very excited to do. A little nervous about cooking for so many people (10 adults + 2 kids) but we'll figure it out. I already warned Oliver that he'll be on call for any Thanksgiving Day emergency runs to the grocery store! And as excited as I am for Thanksgiving, I'm really excited to decorate for Christmas, too. We're waiting for the day after Thanksgiving, but I really want to start digging through everything now!
Looking out the window and there are more snow flurries, but it still doesn't look like anything's sticking. We have a brunch to go to downtown Hanover this morning. It it's not too nasty out, I think we'll bundle up and walk.
November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Hellos!:
Post a Comment