November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I hope everyone had a great holiday break. We had a great couple of days off. Greta came up to visit and we decided to play hosts to several of our international friends.


We hosted a total of 12 people from all over the world: Mexico, Japan, Korea and Croatia. It was fun to introduce them to such an American tradition. Jamie pulled out all the stops and cooked up quite the feast. We are talking a huge bird, amazing stuffing (thank you Giada), green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce (jelly and chutney - I refuse to call it relish, blah...) and 3 pies (apple, pecan and pumpkin).


I was anxious to have to carve the turkey as I've never been the host. Such an adult/dad thing to do (I guess we are officially old - see post below). I sharpened the heck out of knife for the 3 days leading up and it paid off. I carved with no issues and was actually complimented on my skills...

After we ate and drank until the top button of our pants popped we moved to the living room to play some board games. We had a Cranium throw down of Tuckies vs. partners as well a game that Igor (from Croatia) introduced us to. We'll have to teach you guys how to play next time we get together; it was very entertaining.

We missed you all and, while we didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with our families, it was nice to have a house full of friends. It was great to host and share with everyone and it was especially great to know that we can pull off a great holiday feast.

Lots more pictures are online here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jqhLsZmMMga9C-yV74YebQ


This post brought to you by special guest blogger - Oliver P.

1 Hellos!:

schuler44 said...

Compliments to the guest blogger! The food looks scrumptious. Wish we could have been there to share.

 
Copyright © Perez Post | Theme by BloggerThemes & frostpress | Sponsored by BB Blogging