September 27, 2010

Really?

I went into Petco this morning looking for a running leash for Cole so that I can keep two hands on Norah's stroller while walking the dog. Looked through the leash section, couldn't find one, so I went to ask someone. This is the completely unaltered conversation that ensued:

Me: Hi, I'm looking for a running leash for my dog. It has a belt part that goes around your waist and then a leash with a stretchy part that goes from your waist to the dog. It's so you can run with them but not have to hold the leash with your hands.

Cashier: Ummm.... We have really long leashes, like 15 or 20 feet?

Me: Yeah, I'm looking for something like (here I explain it all over again).

Her: Let me check with someone that works in that department.

Dog Department Guy: Hi, can I help you?

Me: (Explain it all over again)

DDG: Let's go look. (And we walk to the leash section where he looks at the same stuff I JUST looked at)

DDG: We have these really long leashes, they're 15 feet long!!!!

Me: Yeah, but I want something with a belt part. And they're actually fairly short leashes. You know, because you're running with them??

DDG: We have these leashes, where you can walk two dogs!!!!

Me: Great. I only have one dog.

DDG: I guess we don't have that, then.

Who are these people working at Petco?? I think I may have just lived through my own personal SNL skit...

1 Hellos!:

Leslie said...

OMG, that's aggravating! When I got ours, I was trying to explain to Kanter what I was going to use it for and he didn't believe me. Then the guy working at this mini pet boutique in Berkeley came to tell me it's actually to tie your dog up to a pole or something when you have to go inside.

must be somethin' about that dang leash...

 
Copyright © Perez Post | Theme by BloggerThemes & frostpress | Sponsored by BB Blogging