I had heard some serious horror stories about wallpaper removal but was pleased to find that this stuff came down pretty easily. It helped that the kitchen walls were drywall, rather than plaster, and that, aside from the parts that had been painted Benjamin Moore's "1992 Called, They Want Their Yellow Back", the wallpaper was applied right over the drywall.Technically, I think you're supposed to prime first, but it sure made removal easy!
Then, while Norah and I were gone in Oregon, our neighbor, who's a painter, came over and finished the project. I've always painted my own rooms before, but coming home to a whole new kitchen was WELL worth it! (Thanks, Barb!)
Goodbye, country fabulous kitchen! (The first two shots are much more accurate representations of the colors: Benjamin Moore HC-81 Manchester Tan and 1358 Dark Walnut.) Everyone always says it but it really is amazing how much a change as simple as paint does to a room. And in the Awesome Husband awards, Oliver gets a huge win for changing out the ceiling fan while I was gone, too. The old one was white and floral. The new one? MUCH better!
Hooray new kitchen look!
3 Hellos!:
gorgeous, dahling. gorgeous.
and i kinda like the apple clock. does this end our friendship? eep!
Nice work! Looks fabulous!
Oh my goodness--what a huge difference! It looks great! And kudos to Oliver, he's becoming quite the handyman!
Post a Comment