*I know I'll get busted on this. Yes, some of them were "apes" but I thought Norah was a little young to worry about the distinction. To her, the important part is that they all go "ooh! ooh! aah!".
We went to another zoo today with some friends and it was the first time Norah was actually into watching the animals. It helped that the monkeys were especially curious today and a couple of them got right down to her level. The zoo is definitely on our go-to list of activities now, especially since we have access to the Como Zoo, which is the first free zoo I've ever heard of. They ask for a $2 donation per adult, which is much, much less than the super-awesome Minnesota Zoo. Granted, it's much smaller and aging, but still lots of fun!
A little guy with a mustache to rival Grandpa's:
I was a little concerned about what kind of zoo puts clothes on the orangutans (creeps me out) but the volunteer assured me that they throw the clothes in the cage for stimulation and that the orangutans like to dress themselves!
Completely unfazed by the massive gorilla:
April 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Hellos!:
had to blow up the grandpa monkey. was so confused! and i personally LOVE when orang's throw clothes on and strut around. they do it in the wild with leaves + stuff, so no worries about the zoo inappropriately dressing their animals....for now.
chicago = lincoln zoo! free outdoor one!
Post a Comment