Most of you know I was pretty sure we were going to have a baby boy - in fact, most of our friends and family agreed, they thought the baby would be a boy. It was a pretty big surprise when, at our 18-week ultrasound, the tech said "I hope your sister saved you some hand-me-downs!" Oliver was THRILLED to be having a little girl! It took me awhile longer to get used to the idea that she was a "she" but mostly because I don't like being wrong :)
Anyway, all along, there's been a little part of me that worries that the tech was wrong. Maybe she didn't get a good look... People who don't know us well continue to predict that the baby is a boy based on myriad old wives' tales! (I'll admit that most of my worry is fueled by the cautionary tale of our friends, the Lyonses, who had a false alarm "girl" that turned out to be their son, Chase!)
Well, this morning we were in Boston Common, waiting for our Freedom Trail tour with Oliver's parents when a disheveled/homeless/(drunk?) old man walked up to me as I was coming out of the bathroom. He looked at me, announced, "You're having a boy," and walked away.
If he's right, this boy's going to be wearing a lot of pink!
June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Hellos!:
Yes! I'm SO excited to blogstalk (sounds so much crazier to type it out). Jamie's heading to the OP in the morning (6am flight, ugh) and I can't wait to hear how it all goes. In the meantime, I'll be sorting and tossing and reorganizing all of our stuff! Hoping it'll be easier to toss stuff without him here.
I'll be posting more about our move once I officially turn in my notice at work. Exciting stuff, I tell ya.
Post a Comment