June 29, 2010

We All Scream

Since our last go-round in Minneapolis, I have had a love/hate relationship with our local ice cream shop, Sebastian Joe's. It's most certainly not the place you want to go when you're looking for a really traditional cookies and cream or butter pecan - they're always screwing those flavors up by turning them into things like "Banana Cookies and Cream" or "Rutabaga Butter Pecan" (okay, I made that one up, but you get the point).

But sometimes when you're feeling adventurous with your ice cream needs, they really come through with something killer! Today we walked around the lake and popped in for ice cream cones and it was one of those KILLER days. Oliver got a Surly Bender flavored scoop, which was an awesome combo of beer and ice cream and deliciousness. I went for the more adventurous Roasted Garlic Chip flavor - jammy roasted garlic, dark chocolate chips and almonds for crunch. This was not just a pregnancy thing - it was truly, truly tasty!

I've been wanting to make a Guinness ice cream for ages, so Oliver's scoop today got me motivated to actually get out the ice cream maker and give it a whirl. Results to follow.

0 Hellos!:

 
Copyright © Perez Post | Theme by BloggerThemes & frostpress | Sponsored by BB Blogging